RE: Followers augmenting question.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:30:50 +0100

> Personally ..I tend to swap
> characters from PC to NPC to follower to ally between scenarios, as
> focus shifts),

> If you want Bob to do more
> > stuff and be more important, converting him to an Ally might be a
> > useful way forward?
>
> As long as you remember that Allies aren't always around, and
> might call on the hero for aid (instead of the other way
> around), etc. *If* played that way, then they are supposedly
> Narrator Characters and the player wouldn't be spending HP on
> them (Theoretically they'd have their own HP pool to use to
> increase their abilities, whether they were NPCs or are part
> of a player's "Stable" of heroes).

Yes, it does create additional complications and book-keeping. Not least because I end up with a lot of characters who are usually NPCs nonetheless having full PC-level character sheets to be maintained. I'm certainly not suggesting this is a good idea for everyone, but it can be a useful tool in certain circumstances, trading flexibility for simplicity. Then again, this is now *so* much easier than when I was doing the same trick but with RQ3/PDP rules :)