Re: Re: Orderly player characters in practice?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:42:14 +1300

At 11:15 PM 10/20/04 +0000, you wrote:

> > Re-consecrating talismans is not a contest.

>However, the HeroQuest Game Aids Sample Resistances table has
>"Reconsecrate an Orderly Talisman: 14".
>(See http://www.glorantha.com/support/GameAids.pdf)

I'm surprised as no contest is giving in the rules nor is there any indication of what skill to use. Looking further, I see that the Saintly orders have "reconsecrate talisman" blessings which would involve the use [scripture] ability.

Since the contest is trivial, I wouldn't bother rolling for it unless there were dramatic reasons as to why the liturgist could possibly fail.

>And how often are
>they allowing characters to reconsecrate?

The rulebook states "An order liturgist can hold a special worship ceremony to reconsecrate the talismans. Fighting orders, for example, always hold a special worship ceremony before they enter combat, to ensure that all the members' orderly spells are available" (HQ p161). Hence the liturgists should have worship rituals as often as needed.

--Peter Metcalfe

---