Re: Pol Joni worship of Waha

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:25:17 -0000

> I don't think that they engage in misapplied worship
> of Waha in order to gain the Survival Tricks, which
> are all common magic talents. Common magic talents
> are magic from the hero. The Pol Joni might honor the
> Silver Age hero that taught how to use them (probably
> in a role of Eiritha's son). But I don't think they
> teach worship of him directly in the HQ sense.

I think this is right. I'm pretty sure that Survival Tricks and stuff taught by Derik Pol-Joni are among the common magics of the Pol-Joni.

> Nope. That's the genuine Praxians that worship those
> entities that way. There are probably more
> concentrated animists among the Pol Joni than among
> most Heortling tribes, but the MoLaD description is of
> a fundamentally Praxian group. YGMV.

I agree with Chris. BTW, it is really easy to distinguish the Pol-  from regular Sartarites - the Pol-Joni are horseriding, pastoral herders who don't farm! And they genuinely seem to favor Urox! This things alone mark them as being far outside the Sartarite norm. Nonetheless, they are still Heortling theists.

Jeff