RE: Re: Movement rates

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:11:47 -0000

> Against what skill? "Predict average travel times"? No, knowing that
> sort of information comes under "no self-respecting hero...".

It now occurs to me that it might come under "Geography of Dragon Pass", or in the RW example "know back lanes of rural Bedfordshire". But the player/narrator still needs to know what the *real* answer is before inventing one that's Horribly Wrong. And that real answer had better stay consistent, too!

> I might make a roll *after* I set out, but
> that's nothing to do with the decision about when to stop
> reading email and leave the house.

Flaw, "spend too long on email" 10W. Better see if I can offset it with "drive like maniac" (TN censored)