RE: Re: Movement rates

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:28:15 -0600

>From: Paul May <kax_at_...>

> The table is based on the character's base movement rate, which is in
>the
>GURPS system (yd/sec) and is 5 for an average person. I simplified that
>because HeroQuest doesn't use or need it.
> If you want to add a couch potato modifier, just reduce the base rate of
>movement.

Nooo. Use the fricken system to display the character! If he's a couch potato, then what's the rating? Couch Potato 17 means a -2 on his die roll.

I myself would be about Couch Potato 5W (yes, I'm a couch operating journeyman), and I might also penallize myself for being Large 13 or so. OTOH, if I was trying to annoy Rory by getting somewhere quickly, I'd get a +3 for my 10W in that ability. But he'd give me an improv modifier. ;-)

Mike