RE: Re: Movement rates

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:04:07 -0000

> > If you want to add a couch potato modifier, just reduce
> the base rate of movement.
>
> Nooo.

Hey, we agree!

Leave the base system for normal-for-this-universe people. Anyone as unfit as me in Glorantha would be dead. "Normal" should mean just that. We just have to establish what "normal" *is* for this universe, hence all the widely varying suggested tables :)

> Use the fricken system to display the character! If
> he's a couch
> potato, then what's the rating? Couch Potato 17 means a -2 on
> his die roll.

Or use a skill such as "endurance" for the contest, and accept that mine is 6 at best.