RE: Re: Mixed Religion Branching (Was:Presents from a shaman)

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:42:00 -0600

>From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
>
> I don't see a problem--if he was born with a spirit rather than a soul.

Right, but that's religion specific. Which we'll find out the official answer on as soon as the Kolating info is promulgated.

A better question is to ask you if this means that generally characters of all religions should be allowed to take any "basic" sort of keyword (Communal Worshipper, Lay worshipper, Spiritist) that represented at least one "branch" of that religion? Or is the Gloranthality of the situation that some religions do not have this option even if it's otherwise mixed? Or is there no rule here, just the vagaries of each individual religion?

Put yet another way, let's say that a religion was presented to you as the Heortling one is now, but with Kolating info right beside the Orlanth info for specialized magic. How would you rule, knowing only as much is on those two pages of homeland as presented?

Mike