Re: Travel times

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:42:34 +1100

At 04:46 AM 17/11/04, Ash wrote:
>How about using something simple like a contest of the
>number of miles marched as the resistance? You want to
>go 50 miles, you test against 10W2, which is going to
>be pretty damned hard.

  With some modifier for the terrain, yes. I was thinking that. Use the modifiers I gave, but roll against the base distance you want to go before modifiers. So 10W2 for 62 miles on great roads or 1 mile on snowed-in backwoods mountain ridges. And vs 20 for a reasonable day's travel on horseback over rolling hills in light woods--not hard at all.

--
| Paul May               | paul.robert.may_at_...
| Kax Hoplodyne, Ltd     | kax_at_...
| MIB 1138; RD Australia | the_kax_at_...
| PGP key on www.pgp.net | spell_at_...

    I'm an omnitheist. You can't have too many messiahs.