Re: Sidekick minimaxing

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 23:05:42 -0000

 >(ouch! I haven't looked them up, but "far too high" no doubt covers it.)
>
> No, they don't. This is where it gets really hard for some people
to wrap
> their heads around this. They get what the rule says they get.

I disagree, leaving asaide the dragon thing which is a nonsense unless you are playing storm age Glorantha with the players as the gods!

> When I take Bob the Porter, do I get his homeland keyword to use?
No,

erm, yes - IMG anyhoo. If my guys took a sidekick, they would get a keyword at 17 and get to use all of those skills at 17. Then they could take 3 abilities that they can increase. These may or may not be skills from the keyword list.

If you have a golden eye horse, you get a golden eye horse. Your way infers you cannot use its speed unless you choose it as one of the 3 chosen abilities.

Just my opinion though.

Cheers
Rob