Re: Possible house rules on concentrating magic

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 17:49:26 -0000

It strikes me you'd be better of dropping "Selfrock Teaching" from your Glorantha and only allowing people to concentrate on Common Magic if they join one of the Common Magic Religions (Lanbril, Donadar or the Mother of Seabirds whose name I forget, for instance). This has the added benefit that people who do join those religions don't also have to become Rockhuggers to concentrate.

Then if you do want to allow someone to concentrate purely on "talents" you can invent/adapt/discover a new religion/practice that has steeper requirements to keep it "balanced" with the other types of magic as you see fit for your game.