RE: New Truths, Concentration and New Feats

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:35:22 -0000

> That is, one of the "big plots" is the struggle to bring the
> three worlds together permanently, or not, as part of the
> Hero Wars. Maybe even to bring them together in a harmonious
> wholeness that would be different from the disharmonious form
> which occurred in the Gods War when life and death could not
> be told apart, etc.

Ooh! Now that is going to be *fun*!

> This will be important to understand when
> the Lunar System is revealed in ILH2: Under the Red Moon.

And that is also something I'm very much looking forward to. It looks like the Lunars have, to some extent, managed to unite the three worlds?

> Remember that the listings in HQ are, in no way intended to
> be a complete list of Feats. Each cult has many, many more
> which aren't listed. So for a lot of the magic your character
> isn't even necessarily making it up. It exists and you can
> choose to use it if you want. It is just normal learning of a
> new feat.

So I can quite happily introduce an NPC Devotee with a new (but non-controversial) Feat, and have her teach it to others?

> If your character discovers or makes up a magic that is NOT from
> your god there is no way that it can dome from that god. It
> becomes, instead, a magic from your character. That is how a
> Hero Cult is made.

I'm feeling a bit blank about how a Theist character *could* come up with a magic that isn't from their god, but it sounds like a great idea if you can pull it off. Heros. That's what we want to be.

> Yes, of course you character can "discover" a new Feat of the
> god, too! So you discover that Orlanth has a Spit Upwind feat
> that no one has ever used, your character improvises it and
> pulls it off (thereby proving it DOES exist). So to "cement"
> it you need to go to a temple to visit the Hero Plane or God
> World to unite with that feat to make it permanent.

Let me check - do you actually need to visit a temple? Or would visiting the Hero/God plane without benefit of temple do? (assuming you can manage this!)

> I hope this makes things easier for you.

That's a great help, yes. Thanks.