Re: New Truths, Concentration and New Feats

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:55:50 -0000

> > If your character discovers or makes up a magic that is NOT from
> > your god there is no way that it can dome from that god. It
> > becomes, instead, a magic from your character. That is how a
> > Hero Cult is made.
>
> I'm feeling a bit blank about how a Theist character *could* come
up
> with a magic that isn't from their god, but it sounds like a great
idea
> if you can pull it off. Heros. That's what we want to be.

One relatively easy way to discover magic that is not from your god is pursuant to a heroquest challenge on a heroquest. For instance, one of my players obtained a pretty powerful (but pretty limited in its applications) feat on the Stormwalk Path heroquest. Another player obtained control over a pretty powerful mountain gale (which he discovered was an aspect of his own breath) on the same quest.

Jeff