Re: One session per season...

From: Neil Smith <neil_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:28:05 +0000

On Friday 14 Jan 2005 4:51 pm, Jane Williams wrote:

> And finally:
> > None of it took a lot of time, roleplaying or
> > rollplaying, maybe 10 minutes a session, even though
> > he'd always come up with a fresh angle on the
> > seduction each week. ("I'll play a practical joke on
> > the Axe maiden in a naive attempt to prove I can
> > look after her better than her bodyguard" ..
>
> See, I'd always have played out that practical joke.
> That's a session. The players want to hand me plot,
> save me from writing it, decide for themselves what to
> do next? Great! But yes, I can see that if you want
> time to move on, you can just make it a single roll.
> Nice.

Actually, that practical joke did take a bit more than 10 minutes. There was the time spent convincing the Humakti to help me out, there was the setting up the joke itself, there was the laughing and boasting about it afterwards, and there was the sitting around cross-legged and in pain as a result of the now pissed-off Axe Maiden's castration magic.

And all of that was basically one augmentation in one round of the extended contest to seduce the priestess.

But Ash is right: we spent the time in the game on the things which were important and significant, and not on the periods of day-to-day stuff that wouldn't be fun to play out. Doing a season in a single session is entirely feasible, and it can be great fun too.

Neil.

(If you want to know more, take a look at the Antorling Clan game writeups on the club's wiki: address below)

--
Neil Smith                         Milton Keynes Roleplaying Games Club
neil_at_...                            http://www.mkrpg.org.uk