Re: Saga system

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:05:03 -0000

> I'd be quite tempted to force advancement of the "homeland"
keyword,
> myself. All those boring abilities that no-one ever puts points
in. But
> if you're hanging around at home, then "Heortling customs" and
> "relationship to clan" should be improving.

Jane - I've come to the conclusion that you and I just have a different preferred play styles! I'm not a huge fan of the day to day play approach - but I know plenty of others are. And that's cool.

Fwiw I do not use the "Saga System" - even though I have a saga campaign. Normally at the end of a session, I'll hand out a few directed points - HP you have to spend on certain skills - and a few "anywhere" points - regular HP that you can do whatever you want with. My players routinely improve skills like Customs, Relationship to Clan/Tribe/Spouse, and even Weaving (don't laugh - our Kev priestess used it to weave a "magic bag" that was used in a heroquest. She's also used that as an augment for augaries).

Jeff