Re: Lunars and the kids today [was: Dead skills dont die]

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:41:55 -0800

> Must have been an American thing, as the British attitude was until
recently is "Drugs, what are drugs? It what rock stars and Hollywood movie idols use isn't it?"

C'mon, they're available for free in Amsterdam! You gotta know about that...

> My campaign is set in 1565, the Lunars have offered a tribrute of 100 cows
to the tribe each year if they stay out of the Tarsh wars.
> Now the players know what the Lunars are about [or think so] but the
player characters were new to the schemes of the Lunar Empire.
> The response was "We get 100 cows a year for doing nothing? Excellent!
Sign us up."

Dang, your Lunar Empire must be run by the US Dept of Agriculture: "We'll pay you not to grow wheat on your farm". Sign me up! I have 100 acres of prime Not-Growing-Wheat land.

Most people's Lunar Empire would say "If we find even *one* of you over there, we'll firebomb your village, sell you all into slavery, and eat your cows" (the last being the worst part of the threat, of course).

RR
- Richelieu