RE: Lunars and the kids today [was: Dead skills dont die]

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:59:19 -0000

> > Must have been an American thing, as the British attitude was until
> recently is "Drugs, what are drugs? It what rock stars and
> Hollywood movie idols use isn't it?"
>
> C'mon, they're available for free in Amsterdam! You gotta
> know about that...

Oh, those aren't *drugs*. That's just pot. It being legal is a bit odd, mind you. And baking it into cakes is just plain weird.

> Dang, your Lunar Empire must be run by the US Dept of
> Agriculture: "We'll pay you not to grow wheat on your farm".
> Sign me up! I have 100 acres of prime Not-Growing-Wheat land.
>
> Most people's Lunar Empire would say "If we find even *one*
> of you over there, we'll firebomb your village, sell you all
> into slavery, and eat your cows" (the last being the worst
> part of the threat, of course).

But the Lunar Empire is not a monolithic structure with one coherent strategy, so they try both, in different places. Possibly both in the same place, if they get confused.