Re: The book says many things (was Narrative Abilities are crap?)

From: Nick <nick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:24:24 +0000

Jane Williams wrote:

>>If there's one thing I really dislike in the Homelands
>>format, it's that 'Why did you leave home' bit at the end.
>>You can have perfectly good adventures without ever leaving home.

> Yes, and in that case you just don't read it. But if you want a mix of
> homelands, that section helps.

Of course. And I know I'm being petty. It's just that it's one of those little 'No, that's not the point!' things, like the desperately geeky examples of play that gets to me.

One of the (few) things that HeroWars seemed to do well was putting forwards a style of play that was distinct from the RPG default. HeroQuest, in trying to be approachable, does seem to push default D&D 'party' ideas.

> Had you considered it for backstory? This is why you left home. And now
> you're back...

Good save! I like that.