Re: The book says many things

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 01:07:18 +0000

Chris points out

>I was providing examples that you actually CAN point people
>to, and if they have internet access, they can look for themselves.

Ah, fair enough. I was thinking more of books people might already be aware of to give them some previous knowledge of the subject.

>wouldn't it make sense for the HQ text to contain useful
>techniques for the sorts of play it keeps promoting?

That much is true.

One thing to be wary of is that sometimes setting up the "improvisational" scenario (create characters with relationships to these npc's...) can seem as much railroading as a "traditional" one (this bloke comes into the pub and offers you a job...) - especially for players not used to creating characters laden wit "kickers"

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_...                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |