Re: Issaries tries to answer some questions and concerns

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:50:18 +0000

> > I'd like to add to this by asking if it is at all possible that a
>> European printing of Arcane Lore can be arranged.
>
>This requires someone in Europe to step forward, make arrangements with us
>and then do the job.

I refer you to Simon Bray's earlier comment that this is affected by the Fan Publications Policy. Perhaps there has been a miscommunication here ?

>> I would have
>> thought that a straight reprint under license would be more like the
>> agreement with Moon Designs.
>
>Like Issaries, Moon Designs has its plate full too.

Just to clarify, I was merely suggesting that the legal situation for reprinting Arcane Lore would be closer to the arrangement with Moon Designs than those for publishing original material - as in Tradetalk or the Unspoken Word supplements. I understand that the Borderlands reprint is consuming the available resource at Moon Designs (and I intend to buy it when it appears).

>> I'm sure that the current situation is not intentional but I would
>
>What situation are you talking about here?

The delay in sorting out the policy, with the result that the fan publishers have been unable to release new material for some months.

>> like to see some indication that either the end is in sight or that
>> there are some measures in hand to alleviate the problems we see now.
>
>I don't even know which problems you are talking about. I do not read all
>the lists regularly, and they have never been the place to ask Issaries
>questions. I pop in at times to take a scan of things, but it is not the
>place for us to discuss things.

The general issue I mention above - but to point out a specific case, the support material for Sons of Kargzant ("Secrets of the Char-Un") - which the book book described as "coming soon" - has suffered a long delay. If I were in the position of the UW crew I would be at least a little embarrassed about that (and, given the high quality of the book itself, I have been rather looking forward to reading the rest !)

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.