Magic from heroquesting [was: Re: Common magic]

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:29:38 +1100

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:08:10 +0000 (GMT), Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...> wrote:
> This is explicitly stated in the rules somewhere. Some
> people seem to get upset when you tell them that,
> though - judging from the heated tone in here a while
> back.

What confuses me about this is the fact that it seems that a devotee has -less- incentive to go on a HeroQuest.

I imagine that for some people one of the incentives is to get new and interesting magical abilities (as well as to stop the drought/end the curse/etc etc). Devotees, who can only receive magic from the god to whom they are devoted, seem likely to miss out on a lot of the useful 'fringe benefits' of heroquesting.

Or have I rather missed the point?

--
John Machin