Re: Feats, Affinities, subcults (was Vinga Dar)

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:45:46 -0000

Oh right. [Rob learns new thing]

> > I know you can learn stand-alone feats from "other" sub-cults,
but
> would
> > that cover this?
> >
> > Possibly, but it would be *cleaner* to just join Allfather
aspect of
> > Orlanth Dar. Otherwie tribe or clan get an inferior leader.
Greg,
> > can you help on this?
>
> Or RR? It's a rules thing, really. Hence my picking this list to
ask the
> question :)

I invoke the creator, as I don't think the rules adaquately carry this. Thus I don't think there is a rules answer per se. But I love the ruminations!

> > Maybe to be a Tribal King when your a woman is special. The
some of
> > women aint gonna like it. Some of the men aint either.
>
> Agreed, but that still doesn't mean the tribe should end up with a
king
> with half their feats missing.

Spot on. Back to the original conundrum. hmmm.

> > > OiD - 10% of her time on "Queen of the Kheldon".

> I think you'd be surprised just how much time she manages to spend
in
> Sartar, even when exiled. Not going out drinking in Boldhome,
> admittedly, but she does get at least some of the function of the
job
> done. And the Kheldon haven't yet booted her in favour of someone
who'd
> put more of their time into it.

No Queen for day to day leadership. I'll have to think about that for another discussion. Where's BA.....

> Story, IMO, says no she can't, not without help. She *gave up*
flying in
> order to convert to Dar. "Left Vanganth behind", it says. And she
rather
> misses it - but these days she has to be all responsible and adult.

So, if I was narrating you and Kallyr was flying, it would be your explanation that would stand.I often don't comment when players rationalise in game anyhoo. Adds to the 'mystique'!

> > Probably yes. And does it apply to ASPECT affinities?
>
> Yes, a potentially important distinction. But is it important, or
is it
> hair-splitting? Dunno.

Hair-splitting? I don't think so. Its not unlikely that a female pc could rise to clan or even tribal chieftan in a game, and at the moment they are fairly hog-tied IMO getting only half the feats to be a 'fully equiped for the job' king/queen.

Regards
Rob