Re: Re: Vinga Dar magic?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:29:04 -0800

> Because I suspect there's an answer already in the Rules, and when our
> Rules experts get back from their weekend drinking, they'll explain it.
> I try not to mend things unless I'm sure they're broken.

The only drinking *I* did was some champagne after my wife's part of the convention (getting people into games) was over (I stick around during reg. sessions to give her augments to her "Use Computer" rolls)

No, there isn't a rule about Dar magic in print that applies to this situation. I don't remember why we went with Allfather instead of Lead Clan for the affinity, but there was a good reason at the time, I'm sure.

I tend to prefer the "people other than Allfather worshippers don't make the *best* chiefs" explanation myself. After all, most Orlanth worshippers who are eligible for Chiefdom are probably beyond the adolescent "Orlanth Warrior" stage - a clan needs a steady adult to lead it. All the "Steady Adult" cults are in Allfather (look at the steadholders, farmers, etc.). Sure, those are the boring cults for player heroes, but heroes can always be the exceptions to the rule.

Non-Allfathers could learn the necessary feats standalone.

Does it still need further discussion?

RR
- Richelieu