Re: Re: Vinga Dar magic?

From: Jennifer Geard <geard_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:55:38 +1300

On Thursday 24 February 2005 08:29 am, Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:
> I tend to prefer the "people other than Allfather worshippers don't make
> the *best* chiefs" explanation myself. After all, most Orlanth worshippers
> who are eligible for Chiefdom are probably beyond the adolescent "Orlanth
> Warrior" stage - a clan needs a steady adult to lead it. All the "Steady
> Adult" cults are in Allfather (look at the steadholders, farmers, etc.).
> Sure, those are the boring cults for player heroes, but heroes can always
> be the exceptions to the rule.
>
> Non-Allfathers could learn the necessary feats standalone.
>
> Does it still need further discussion?

I'm over 200 messages behind on this list, but in what I've seen of this thread I don't _think_ I've seen this sentence from the Vinga write-up in ST, p. 174:

"In addition to Vinga's personal subcults, initiates and devotees may join any aspect or subcult of Orlanth."

If the comment about joining any aspect of Orlanth doesn't mean that a Vingan can join "Allfather", I'm not sure what it might mean. Any ideas?

Cheers,
  Jennifer

--
Jennifer Geard