Re: Fixed-length extended contests?

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 08:22:02 -0000

> As for the lock-picking example, I think that there are some types
of scene in literature and film that, while thrilling to watch, are really boring to role-play through.

Well yes, I think this is getting to the kernel - which of these things might have a mechanic which supports them, making them enjoyable to play out in HQ and which is it simply not worth trying to transpose...

> contest. But if it's just a question of whether my horse if fast
enough to
> catch the just-hijacked train, resolve it in a single roll.

...and which might best be done briefly.

Sam.