RE: Inflation of combat values

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:52:09 +0100

> >The problem occurs when combat abilities compete with non-combat.

Though ISTR that if you look at the various "best in tribe" sample levels, combat *does* come out perhaps a mastery higher than things like trading.

> I'm trying something different here. I do
> assign equipment bonuses, but for guns only. This helps
> emphasize the scary nature of guns.

All depends on the sort of game you're in, doesn't it? "Swords" has equipment bonuses. For weapons. Swords are scary things. Yes, of *course* they're all named and have history. One of them has a lot more than 100 words just to itself!

Thing is, there are skills where equipment makes a lot of difference (and is essential), and others where it generally doesn't and isn't.

What piece of equipment would you use to add a +3 to your "loyal to clan"? Or to your "brave"?