Re: Using the flaws of others...

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 15:53:14 -0000

This is a good question. I think that some flaws or character traits are more aparent than others. Some cultures have well known flaws. And FWIW Greg has stated that generally all humans on Genertela at least ought to have Fear Dragons, for example.

Your Trollkin example is an excellent way to use a flaw or trait or nature against them. SOunds like you already have a good grasp of it there Tony!

Just for clarity, you don't tell players what they don't know IMO, as it can be very unsatisfactory. You might get players actually disregarding it, 'my guy wouldn't know that though, so I'll ignore it!' I suspect that would be my reaction.

Regards
Rob