Re: Summoning Otherworld entities

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:50:54 -0700

> A quick question about summoning Otherworld entities per _HeroQuest_
> p. 102: Is Command <Entity Type> the primary ability used in the
> ritual to summon the entity? Or is it Mythology of <Related God>?

Summon [Entity] is the absolute best way. Command [Entity] can be used, but *I* would give it an Improve Penalty Mythology isn't in it at all, unless you want to use it to augment your Command or Summon ability (at least I wouldn't allow it, or if I did, at a masive penalty).

You can treat Summon & Command in one of two ways (well, probably more, but...)
1. Summon & Command are interchangeable - you don't need to have both. 2. "Summon" Summons things, "Command" allows you to tell them what to do when they are in the same plane as you (massive 10w3 penalty for trying to command across the barier between worlds...).

Note how "cults" might only have one ability or the other: Argan Argar can "Command" Messenger and Darkness Daimones, but has no "Summon" for them, while Destor has "Summon Umbroli" but no "Command" for it.

Find the best fit for your group - requiring two abilities sucks more hero points than one ability, but gives you beter control of the summoning ability of your players. If you decide to make it two abilities, you'd have to look at each cult and decide if they get Both abilities, or only one (most should have both, imo).

RR
- Richelieu