Re: Summoning Otherworld entities

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:03:28 -0000

> > p. 102: Is Command <Entity Type> the primary ability used in the
> > ritual to summon the entity? Or is it Mythology of <Related God>?
>
> Summon [Entity] is the absolute best way.
> Command [Entity] can be used, but *I* would give it an Improve Penalty
> Mythology isn't in it at all

Thanks, Roderick, this makes sense.

For what it's worth: The _Thunder Rebels_ Orlanth storm god cults have Command Air Daimon or the like, without Summon Air Daimon. I think the Ernalda earth goddess cults have a similar setup for earth daimons. If Summon were really critical to have as a separate ability, I'd think that _some_cult in the book would have it.

That view is further supported by the following note in the errata for _Thunder Rebels_:

"Page 223 - In the Wind affinity of the Destor keyword, replace Summon Umbroli with Command Umbroli."
http://www.glorantha.com/support/1301_errata.html

So as a narrator, I'd be inclined to treat the Command ability as the base ability for summoning an entity, without a penalty, but with a 10M3 resistance as indicated in the _HeroQuest_ book.

Rob