Re: Re: Summoning Otherworld entities

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:27:52 -0700

> For what it's worth: The _Thunder Rebels_ Orlanth storm god cults have
> Command Air Daimon or the like, without Summon Air Daimon. I think the
> Ernalda earth goddess cults have a similar setup for earth daimons. If
> Summon were really critical to have as a separate ability, I'd think
> that _some_cult in the book would have it.
>
> That view is further supported by the following note in the errata for
> _Thunder Rebels_:
>
> "Page 223 - In the Wind affinity of the Destor keyword, replace Summon
> Umbroli with Command Umbroli."
> http://www.glorantha.com/support/1301_errata.html
>
> So as a narrator, I'd be inclined to treat the Command ability as the
> base ability for summoning an entity, without a penalty, but with a
> 10M3 resistance as indicated in the _HeroQuest_ book.

The design team went 'round and 'round on this. There are both "Command" and "Summon" feats in Heroquest (and usually not for the same entity in the same affinity). You can treat this an un-corrected artifact of design revisions and consider them to be the same ability for most purposes, or add "Command" or "Summon" abilities to those beings that don't have them and treat them as two seperate abilities.

If we ever do a HQ2...

RR
- Richelieu