RE: Re: Summoning Otherworld entities

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:59:35 -0500

>From: "parental_unit_2" <parental_unit_2_at_...>

>So as a narrator, I'd be inclined to treat the Command ability as the
>base ability for summoning an entity, without a penalty, but with a
>10M3 resistance as indicated in the _HeroQuest_ book.

The problem is how to get a daimone from the God World if all you have is Command Daimone?

There's another solution to this all. Use Open God World to go there, use the Command ability on a daimone there, and then bring it back with you. This is akin to a lot of what animists do to get their charms and fetishes.

In fact, I'd think that "Summon" would also face the 10W3 difficulty unless you were summoning one already in the mundane world.

I like them as two different abilities. I mean, if you're fighting Telemori, summon an Alynx daimone. Won't matter that you can't command it, right?

Mike