Re: Lacking Courage

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 00:31:18 -0000

> Dave Dunham:
> > My number one hint: don't convert existing player characters. They
> > won't feel the same under the new system.

Jane:
> To some extent I'd agree, but if you really want to continue with
the same
> characters, don't think of "converting" so much as "re-creating".

They are fundementally different kinds of game though. I think people will tend to think the game is a different version of Runequest. The best way of avoiding that is to make a clean start. Of course its up to the individuals and the sort of game they want. Runequest has a heavy tactical emphasis, and is all about treasure, magic items and fighting - which runequest does better. What happens when you convert RQ chaarcters and they no longer have a magic system where you buy everything? No, clean break is best, so I guess we will have to differ.

Regards
Rob