Furalor's Affinities? Half-Hsunchen?

From: s_s_sengupta <Santo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 23:01:15 -0000

Namaste to the group.

I've managed to convince four Gloranthan newbies to play in a campaign set in Teshnos. My players have come up with an interesting bunch of heroes:
- a noble woman who hunts exotic game as part of her pursuit for
enlightenment atop her magnificent war elephant.
- an former trapper who has given up violence to pursue fire-gazing,
astronomy and fortune telling..

I do have a few questions for the group. One of my players created a humble Morning Caste healer whose father was one of the Sofalan Hsunchen. I don't really know much about Hsunchen, but are half-breed common? Or even possible? I have informed the player that she will not be able to shapeshift to a turtle at the start of the game, but if she wishes to learn such a thing she could go about discovering that magic in game. (Now of course, it's up to me to figure out what is and isn't possible..)

My fourth and final player has come up with my favorite concept. He's a scholar devoted to the Goddess Furalor, but in her aspects of Taker of Lost Things and Consumer of Forgotten Thoughts. The hero is kind of like an archaelogist, trying to unearth the lost relics of his people... and then throwing them into Furalor's pyre. (He's very pious, you see..)

Are there any writeups on the Cult of Furalor? For now, I'm using these Affinities: Forgotten Thoughts, Lost Things, Funeral Pyre. Is Furalor solely revered in a Theistic fashion? I know the Teshnans practice mixed magic, so I'm a little unsure if her followers would have Spirit or Formularies/Grimoires instead.

-Santo
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."