Re: Furalor's Affinities? Half-Hsunchen?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:56:28 +1300

Santo wrote:

>I do have a few questions for the group. One of my players created a
>humble Morning Caste healer whose father was one of the Sofalan
>Hsunchen. I don't really know much about Hsunchen, but are half-breed
>common? Or even possible?

 From the Hsunchen point of view, it would be akin to bestiality but it would happen much like human sexual mores.

>I have informed the player that she will
>not be able to shapeshift to a turtle at the start of the game, but if
>she wishes to learn such a thing she could go about discovering that
>magic in game. (Now of course, it's up to me to figure out what is
>and isn't possible..)

Perhaps she is a secret Rakshasa?

>Are there any writeups on the Cult of Furalor? For now, I'm using
>these Affinities: Forgotten Thoughts, Lost Things, Funeral Pyre. Is
>Furalor solely revered in a Theistic fashion?

No. She is revered in the same way as all the other Teshnan deities - in a mixed fashion. There are several different Teshnan cults so take the name furalor add about two other Teshnan sounding names and as a result you've got your own Teshnan subcult of Furalor.

> I know the Teshnans
>practice mixed magic, so I'm a little unsure if her followers would
>have Spirit or Formularies/Grimoires instead.

Considering that Somash worshippers are mixed in their worship (Alen Somash Va teaches Affinities and Spells while Besidi Solf Du teaches Affinities and Talents), I don't see any problem.

--Peter Metcalfe