Re: Re: Sorcery 101: Scriptures, Formularies, Grimoires

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:58:49 -0800

> >SCRIPTURES:
> > * Blessings and Curses can only be invoked by a Liturgist leading his
> >congregation in a service of worship
>
> but see the picture on p.160 -- said service can apparently be pretty
> spontaneous.

Supporetd by the text on page 159: "A liturgist can also hold a special service to invoke a single blessing. For example, if someone in the congregation is dying, the liturgist can hold an impromptu rite to invoke the Staunch Wounds blessing, without the benefit of community support."

> I think anyone who shows up for worship (assuming membership in the
> overall church) would be blessed, at least with the standard
> blessings.

As Greg reminded me:

"I think you have to:
1. be a member of that religion
2. have a relationship with the Church.

Without #2 you are not int he Chain..."

Duh!. So to *benefit* from the Blessings, you need the "Worship [God]" ability (and the right one, at that) . (Member of [Congregation]" is a mundane relationship ability, that would be used, say, to get the Liturgist to say a special blessing for you).

RR
- Richelieu