Re: Final Action & Sidekicks

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:40:06 -0800

> 1) How do you make the resistance roll on a Final Action for a character
> who is at exactly 0 APs? What's the target? Or does it just always
> succeed and merely cost the hero his action that round?

Hit the hero again before he tries to do a final action?

According to the rules, the Resistance is 0, it always succeeds.

I don't particualrly *like* that rule, but there it is.

> 2) If a hero has a sidekick who is a healer, and at the beginning of a
> contest they deliberately state they want their healer to "stay out of
> it" (i.e. they don't augment or supply APs) until their healing
> abilities are needed, what happens if that hero goes to or below 0 APs?
> Is the healer out of the contest too, even though the intent was to keep
> him or her as a reserve of 'emergency APs' to be used only when needed?

Well, if the intent was to keep them as a reserve of AP (ie, to heal you when you drop down), then it makes sense to *let* them be a reserve AP battery and step in when you drop. Of course, if they are physically prevented from getting to you (you *had* to leap over the river of lava, didn't you?), then the narrator can rule that the follower can't heal the hero (or has to add a "distnace" penalty to her magic). But under normal circumstances, I'd let the healer heal. It's basically an AP loan at that point, though could see just letting the Follower's AP be added to the hero's own total, just like it was the beginning of the contest. .

RR
- Richelieu