Re: What's in a keyword?

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:06:38 -0000

Hi LC

I think the key here is to challenge players with this mindset with challenges that do not explicitly refer to the rules for resolution. For example, the player is very invested in this there/not there ability. Give the player the opportunity to gain something that they really want, maybe close the their stated goal in exchange for that ability!

One of the fundemental premises of the Hero Wars is 'The hero wars are here, what will you do?'. In my game we have addressed this premise, among others, in a number of different ways, but the cue always comes from the players.

Regards
Rob