Re: Secrets

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 21:14:47 -0000

> You
> get a new ability, which may duplicate one that you have (and can
> hence augment your own ability).

I had forgotten this part -- so I guess if a PC follows the HQ book rules, the PC can't raise an existing affinity to learn a Secret.

You mentioned Heroquest Challenges -- in general, I've never undstood the role they were supposed to play in heroquesting overall. Must all benefits brought back from a heroquest stem from a Heroquest Challenge? Can there be a main benefit that comes simply from completing the heroquest, even if there was no Heroquest Challenge? Can there even be side benefits from completing a heroquest station with no Heroquest Challenge?

Rob