Re: Re: Secrets

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:44:02 -0800

> > Is a Secret an Affinity? The cost to increase a Secret
> > isn't explicitly listed on the Hero Improvement Costs
> > table. If the cost was +1 per 1HP, then it would at
> > least mean that the Secret could be brought up to
> > speed very much more quickly than the affinities could.
>
> IF? Since when was a Secret an Affinity? I thought that it has always
> been a stand-alone feat, and thus raised at 1 HP per point just like
> any other feat.

A secret can be any type of ability - a stand-alone feat, an affinity, a type of spirit, a grimoire, a talent, turning into Something Great(tm) and disappearing from play...

Always has been, since the days of HW. Hero Point costs follow the normal rules for the type of ability - if the secret is an affinity, then it costs like an affinity. If it is a talent, then like a talent.

RR
- Richelieu