RE: Physical feat in a mental contest

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:42:59 -0600

>From: "Gianfranco Geroldi" <giangero_at_...>
>
>a direct question:
>would you allow the use of a feat, such as those derived from the Winds
>or Movement affinities of Orlanth, to affect the mind of an opponent?

My usual answer applies here: yes, if the player explains to me entertainingly how this works. If he wants to make up, say, some part of a myth that relates to the feat in question being used this way, then definitely. Even if it contradicts some canon somewhere, I'll allow it so long as it doesn't contradict something that's been entered in play. Meaning, yes, I allow players to change the universe regularly just so their characters can look cool. (See the "It's their Glorantha, too" rule).

Mike