Re: Re: Resistance to the Opening

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:54:59 -0500

>From: "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_...>
>
>Not that *I*'m aware of. If Mike can cite a specific mention of that
>particular rule, I'd like to see it.

I'm probably recalling from discussions had when we were going over the book before it was published, and am probably in error.

I think that the idea was to say that travelling the Open Seas during the closing was akin to traveling an otherworld, hence the 10W3 notion. It's not a co-incidence that the ratings go from equivalent to Default for Magic 14 to Open Otherworld 10W3.

In any case, any resistance suggested is subject to situational change. And, moreover, I really like the idea of the seas being like an otherworld - I'd use the 10W3 a lot.

But, to be clear, what I said probably isn't in the book as such.

Mike