RE: Re: Hero Band Membership

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:58:03 -0500

>From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
>
>With most Hero Bands, this isn't an issue, but a ship is, it seems
>to me, rather more constrained by its nature.

All true, but this is just the ship control issue, again. I'd be happy to play in either a game where the player heroes control the ship, or a game where they don't.

I played in a GURPs pirates game that went on for quite a while where the PCs were "just crew" and didn't have any ability to direct where the ship went. Didn't seem to make it any less fun. Not the same as all of the Run Out the Guns games that I played where the first scene is always taking over the ship. But it's own sort of fun.

Mike