Re: Moon Design, the Fan Policy, and websites

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:45:01 -0000

As the head of Moon Design, I thought people would like to hear directly from me on this, plus I helped Issaries explain what was meant by the policy with the FAQs concerning it. Please refer to the following for more details:
http://www.glorantha.com/inc/fan_policy.html

Moon Design has a formal license to publish Gloranthan and Heroquest material. We have nothing officially to do with enforcing the Issaries Fan Policy or the granting of licenses. That said, I am happy to help explain how it has worked, and help guide people through the process.

Most importantly, anyone that has actually applied for a license, be it a formal or informal one, have all found the process fairly easy, often very quick, and inevitably successful. Love it or hate it, anyone who has actually applied for a license will probably have few concrete complaints.

Unfortunately, there has been a downturn in "publishing" activity. Fewer websites are being actively maintained. Fewer new ones are being launched. Fewer print publications have come out. At Moon Design we are working to reverse the official Heroquest publications drought. ILH2 being the first new product to come out, with many more in the works.

Hope that helps,
Rick Meints