Re: Starting a new website - Issaries fan policy a problem?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:53:32 -0000

> It's that "derived from" bit. The definition is a bit
> hard to follow, but if you use any named people or
> places, it's probably "derived". Better explanations
> of this part would be very welcome! All I've been
> adding since I got licenced is game chronicles and
> stories that are so far from Gloranthan normality that
> they don't count, but if I was working on anything
> more main-stream, I'd have to get it vetted.

Jane - just ask Issaries for permission to post additional derived material on your website. I'm pretty sure you'll get permission without there being a need to get it vetted. Issaries, of course, has the legal right to refuse, but I doubt it will.

And again, that is all it takes. If you want to post musings on various Gloranthan cults, characters, or whatever, then ask Issaries for permission. Issaries will likely send you an email saying that's ok (although to cover their derriere they will probably call that a "license revokable at will") and that's all there is to it.

Jeff