Re: Starting a new website - Issaries fan policy a problem?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:46:44 -0000

> (nods) That's roughly what I expected - maybe five
> minutes for me to write an email explaining what I'm
> planning, and a couple of weeks delay while the people
> at Issaries (who may have other things to do with
> their time despite you now doing most of the hard
> work) get around to saying "yes, but". Hardly a
> disaster, just something I have to remember to do.

And write it nice and broadly - all Issaries needs is that you put them on notice that you intend to write stuff about (Sartar, Kallyr Starbrow, Vinga, ducks, the Wombat Riders of Prax, etc.) and that you'd like their ok to post it on your website for personal, noncommercial  purposes. You state that you acknowledge Issaries IP and the FPP and that you will link to the FPP from your website's home page. Someone from Issaries will send you an email saying, "that's great - go for it."

Boom, bing, that's all there is to it. You can post your stuff on the website and Issaries' IP rights are protected.

So people - go nuts, put up those websites, write those fan articles, and so on. It is really really easy to get permission from Issaries, and in most cases you'll just need to ask once.

Jeff