Re: Magi's Magic

From: paul_at_...
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:33:18 +0100

metcalph_at_... wrote:

> It is a best fit if you want to shoehorn square pegs into round holes on
> the grounds that magic types described in HeroQuest are the only
> types of magic permissible. But I don't believe that and neither should
> you.

The game rules aren't claimed to be an exact representation of Glorantha. But the point here is to play, not to get hung up on some purist vision of "how Glorantha is".

> >If you have a better suggestion - and that means a constructive idea
> >about how to handle Magi under current HQ rules - then I suggest
> >that you make it.
>
> It was constructive for you to start quoting me sections of the
> Glorantha: Intro in an effort to prove me wrong?

I quoted it to expand on the information available. For instance pointing out that it did go against ILH-1 in some respects (e.g. it contradicts the idea of using the Malakinus Wizardry school in ILH-1).

> >Just saying that ILH-1 is wrong is not really helpful.
>
> It was as helpful as your original advice.

My original advice was to use ILH-1. As that is official published material for HeroQuest it seems helpful enough. Saying that ILH-1 is wrong without giving an alternative is clearly less helpful.