Re: Magi's Magic

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 20:39:10 +1200

At 07:05 p.m. 9/08/2006, you wrote:
> >At 10:20 a.m. 9/08/2006, you wrote:

> >Some constructive advice for you: get rid of the chip on your shoulder.

>ROTFL!!!!
>
>Some constructive advice for you Peter. Look in the mirror and say that.

Why should I? Let's see how this thread started. I merely wrote:

         I think ILH-1 should have said vizier rather than "magus" there.

Thinking about this, I can only surmise that you misread this as "Paul   Andrew King is a complete and utter dweeb" for you to react the way you did. You took this as a challenge and tried to play a gotcha game by quoting the glorantha: intro at me. To such needless provocation, I simply responded:

         Glorantha: Intro wasn't using "wizards" in the HeroQuest rules
         sense and the ILH-1 is in error here.

Note well: No argument against the person. Not even an insinuation that you were a fool to put your trust in ILH-1. How did you respond? By making a song and dance about how I wasn't being either helpful or constructive amongst other things. An ad hominen argument in other words and a false one at that.

So if you are so thin-skinned as feel threatened when somebody suggests that a glorantha supplement is wrong (a not uncommon occurrence), you could in the future take a deep breath and learn to relax rather than take it as a subliminal challenge to your vanity.

--Peter Metcalfe