Re: Magi's Magic

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 23:55:18 +0100

>At 07:05 p.m. 9/08/2006, you wrote:
>> >At 10:20 a.m. 9/08/2006, you wrote:
>
>> >Some constructive advice for you: get rid of the chip on your shoulder.
>
>>ROTFL!!!!
>>
>>Some constructive advice for you Peter. Look in the mirror and say that.
>
>Why should I? Let's see how this thread started. I merely wrote:
>
> I think ILH-1 should have said vizier rather than "magus" there.
>
>Thinking about this, I can only surmise that you misread this as "Paul
> Andrew King is a complete and utter dweeb" for you to react the way
>you did. You took this as a challenge and tried to play a gotcha game
>by quoting the glorantha: intro at me. To such needless provocation, I
>simply responded:
>
> Glorantha: Intro wasn't using "wizards" in the HeroQuest rules
> sense and the ILH-1 is in error here.
>
>Note well: No argument against the person. Not even an insinuation
>that you were a fool to put your trust in ILH-1. How did you respond?
>By making a song and dance about how I wasn't being either helpful
>or constructive amongst other things. An ad hominen argument in
>other words and a false one at that.

And that is exactly why you should look in the mirror. Most of what you are complaining about is in your imagination - the product of the chip on your shoulder. I did not say anything like what you suggest to myself, nor did I quote G:IttHW as a "gotcha" (In fact I noted that it DID contradict ILH-1, and the rest was simply reporting what it said).

As for the rest, shooting down suggestions without offering any help to produce an alternative is not constructive, and saying so is neither false nor ad hominem (indeed as a criticism of the content of the post it cannot be ad hominem). When you did produce a useful and constructive post I said so and I did not criticise it in any way.

--
--
Tell me I'm the anchor of my own ascension,

Paul K.