Re: Really Large Augments

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:32:41 -0000

> Maybe it's because a creature will have maybe two or three
> abilities to
> augment with, while most PCs will have at least five to ten
> augments.

My solution to this conundrum is to add as many augments as the player comes up with to the adversary. Thus if the player is a 2wibble fighter and gets another +20 then thats what his adversary will get. If the bad guy is a bit better than the players 2wibbles then they will get a further +5 or +10 to represent their ability to bring even more potent augments to the party.

But in my style of play there are not that many augments flying about. I find my players don't look for augments to max out the numbers in my game generally, just select the augments that seem the most interesting or the most relevant. But then this is a style that I have nurtured since I have been GM'ing HQ. I am not currently narrating at the moment, I am a player.

I should say that when I am GM'ing there are not many die rolls anyway.

Regards
Rob