Re: Re: Followers

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:17:42 +0100 (BST)

> The chief problem with that Hero Wars rule was that
> it encouraged using all your hero points to up a
> single skill on your character.

True. A temptation, it has to be said, though we never abused it *too* much. Most of us took on extra followers, but none of them were nameless or characterless. In fact, some of them are now PCs in their own right, and one while still an NPC has started making guest appearances in other campaigns.

> Your hero's
> followers then automatically rose at the same time.

The really interesting bit of unrealism here being the Incredible Shrinking Duck. HIs Small ability just kept rising....

Mind you, I like the idea that a followers level should reflect that of the person they're following to some extent. It does make a certain amount of sense.

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html