RE: Re: Getting injured (etc) multiple times - cumulative wounds

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 22:34:04 +0000 (GMT)

> >From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
> >
> > > But it's pretty rare. Because, as you say,
> > > losing and getting the
> > > injury means you're out of the contest. And
> who's
> > > going to go looking for
> > > another fight while wounded (outside of D&D)?
> >
> >"Looking for", probably not, but having one thrust
> >upon them - ...
>
> Yes, which is why I said "rare" and not "unheard of"
> or "impossible."

Isn't it nice to know that there's at least one other person in the world who knows the meaning of the word "all", and similar 100% things?

It happens often enough to be worth considering, certainly. And can be very dramatic when it does. I'm busily doing it to a major villain NPC in Swords ATM, and by the time he's got a few more stacked negatives, they should have a good chance of taking him out.

> Happens in my games too - you witnessed it with
> Kerstin's character in the
> PBEM (IIRC, she had three or more stacked up at
> once).

And again, not really by choice IIRC. Events kept piling in on us, and the characters felt that dealing with them was more important than taking a break. Which again is good drama.